Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Final project - test of GoAnimate

Well, ispired by Timos Almpanis, I decided to try GoAnimate.com as a tool for my final project. The free version. It was really easy to handle, but I also encountered a number of hurdles:
1. the free version offers a rather primitive outcome: only up to 10 lines in the dialogue, and up to 150 symbols in each line.
2. with such a limitation, I failed to convey all context I wanted.
3. difficulties with placing my animation - it is written on the site, that the film can be embedded into the blog, but when done, nothing happens. Moreover, the search engine on the site cannot find it. The only possibility is to publish it on FB, which I don't really feel like doing at the moment.

So, I've got the 1.5 minute animation, but I cannot share it. Total loss of time.

http://goanimate.com/videos/0vHoma6YPyXE?utm_source=emailshare&refuser=0DjHJwt0XMBA

Probably this link via my other email will do. Patience is necessary, as it takes some time to load.

I would appriciate any critical feedback: is it too primitive for the final artifact? Does it show I've covered the course material?

Thank you for watching!




2 comments:

  1. Well done Tatiana. I have not even started my artifact yet! I think you have covered the digital natives/ immigrant debate well. I get the impression that large numbers of course participants are working in educational environments where there is alot of technology already, and they are concerned about keeping up with new developments. I suspect, in world terms, the non-digital low tech classroom like the one you portray, is still the norm. What prevents it being anything else though is not just teacher anxiety. Many children do not have devices to bring in to school, and the school budget can't stretch to provide them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tatiana, I have an idea that may help you embed it on your blog. If the site gives you the option of an html code link, you can copy-paste it into your blog, but when you are in the back end, in other words, where you go to write the post, edit the post and on the upper left side you will see the option "HTML" and that allows you to post HTML code and when you go back to the text version, your artefact should appear. That is how I posted mine. Try it and let me know how it works. Don't be discouraged by technical issues - think of how far we have come! Good work!

    ReplyDelete